Sign Up Today!
Our Parent/Toddler Swim Class is designed for children (6 months to 3 years old) and their parents/grand-parents. This group class introduces both parents and toddlers to fun and safe swimming, enhancing your child’s natural affinity for water in a supportive and encouraging environment. Swim diaper and rubber/reusable diaper pant are required for all children not potty trained. A minimum of 1 and maximum of 2 parent(s)/grand-parent(s) will be in the water as a participant.
Parent/Toddler 1 (PT1) is geared towards children who are first time participants or who are 6-18 months.
Parent/Toddler 2 (PT2) is geared towards children who are repeating participants or who are 18 months-3 years.
If a class you are looking at is full or you have questions about which Parent/Toddler class is best for you don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
*Session 2 is prorated (Members: $51/Non-Members: $60)
Our Summer Parent/Toddler Program consists of five, two-week sessions. Parent/Toddler 1 (PT1) is held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:30pm. Parent/Toddler 2 (PT2) is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30pm.
Session 1: June 12-22
Session 2: June 26-July 6 *No Class on 3 & 4
Session 3: July 10-20
Session 4: July 24-August 3
Session 5: August 7-17
- Teach parents how to safely work with their children in the water (entry/exit from water, holds, movement, body position).
- Teach parents techniques on how to help their child feel safe, comfortable, and happy in the water.
- Promote water confidence at an early age.
- Teach breath control: submerging and bobbing.
- Introduce basic movements around the water.
- Readiness to swim.
Tips for Parents
- Children who are not yet potty trained must be “double diapered”, with a disposable swim diaper and reusable diaper cover. Target and other similar stores sell them in the store or online (try Huggies little swimmers or Pampers Splashers disposables WITH Charlie Banana or other brand reusable rubber swim diapers over).
- Have towels and warm clothes readily available at the end of class.
- Although not necessary or required, if your child becomes cold easily we do recommend buying a Baby Wetsuit ($30 -$45). Our pool is heated, however children still may become cold during the class (especially on windy days).
- Note: Rash guards do NOT insulate well – they often make children colder. Wool underwear is a good alternative to wetsuits.
Swim caps are great! Swim caps keep children’s heads warmer and protect them from the wind. We have “fun” caps for purchase in our lobby, or you can search on your own. A good place to look is www.swimoutlet.com.
- Please no swimming prior to class start time. The beginning of each class is spent out of the water on deck where we provide an overview of class time to parents (about 5 minutes). We do not want children or parents to get chilled during this time.
- Please no eating or drinking 30 minutes prior to the start of class as this often results in an upset stomach (possible diarrhea and/or vomiting). If the you or your child has had active diarrhea within 14 days of the class, California Health code requires you to remain out of the water. If your child has had nausea within 2 hours prior to class, please choose to skip the class.