Summer Camp 2017
Skill, Community, Fun!
Tennis Summer Camp (ages 5-10)
PCC Summer Tennis Camps provide young players the opportunity to improve their tennis game, work hard, make new friends and have fun. Excellent and extensive coaching in an extremely caring atmosphere will guarantee progress for each camper regardless of their level of play. Campers will receive a t-shirt at the start of camp and a tennis progress report upon completion of camp.
- M-F, 8:30am-12:30pm
- Member: $350; Non-member: $400;
- Drop-In: $100/day
Summer Camp Week 1: June 12-16
Summer Camp Week 2: June 19-23
Summer Camp Week 3: June 26-30
Summer Camp Week 4: July 3-7 *No Class on the 4th
Summer Camp Week 5: July 10-14
Summer Camp Week 6: July 17-21
Summer Camp Week 7: July 24-28
Summer Camp Week 8: July 31-August 4
Summer Camp Week 9: August 7-11
Fall Program 2017
August 21 - December 14
Session 1: August 21-October 12 Session 2: October 16-December 14
Little Stars (ages 4-5) is offered 1-day/week on Wednesday.
Bright Stars (ages 5-8), and Future Stars (ages 7-11) are offered 3-days/week on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Register for 1-2-3 days depending on how much tennis works for your schedule.
Rising Stars (ages 7-11) and Elite (ages 9-18) are offered 2 days/week – Monday/Thursday. Register for 1 or 2 days depending on your schedule.
The more days you register for, the greater the discount (discount given at checkout).
General Information for Youth Tennis
- Peninsula Community Center’s (PCC) Youth Tennis Program is for kids ages 4-18 years old.
- Our Youth Tennis Program offers small class sizes with a 6:1 player to coach ratio in every class to provide a safe, nurturing, and fun environment.
- Our classes are designed to help kids just learning how to play tennis and kids who want to play tennis competitively.
- We have Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons, with private lessons being offered year-round.
- While the levels and curriculum remain the same throughout the seasons, the structure varies (please see detailed descriptions of our different seasonal programs).
Little Stars (Ages 4-5)
This group is just starting tennis. The goal is to get them familiar with the tennis court, tennis equipment, basic strokes, and build a love of the game. Classes will focus on the ABC’S and the 1-2-3’s.
*ABC’s = Agility, Balance, Coordination, Strength
**1-2-3’s = Proper Ready Position, Turn & Racket Preparation, Follow Through Up on Back Toe & Buttcap
***5 Tactical Priorities = 1) Get the Ball In 2) Direction 3) Depth 4) Spin 5) Power
Bright Stars (Ages 5-8)
Red Ball: This group has a little bit of tennis experience and is starting to learn proper stroke production. We are also continuing to build a limitless foundation with the ABC’S and the 1-2-3’s. Classes will focus on building coordination and strength. In addition, students will start to learn how to rally during the class.
Future Stars (Ages 7-11)
Orange Ball: This group all students have basic strokes and can rally from the baseline. Students will go through fitness and start to build consistency and discipline with their tennis game.
Rising Stars (Ages 7-11)
Green Dot: This group can play tournaments at a novice to challenger level. Students have mastered the basic stroke mechanics of the serve, volley, and groundstroke. Classes will focus on preparing these students for advanced tournament play as well as high school tennis.
Elite Stars (Ages 9-18)
This group can play tournaments at Challenger and Open levels. Classes will focus on building the 5 Tactical Priorities as well as on-court competition skills.
Curriculum and Philosophy
Our top priority this year is to create a culture that develops life skills through their tennis development. Each week there will be a theme like responsibility that will be studied, emphasized, and rewarded. It is important that our student athletes not only strive for excellence on the court but also in the game of life. We look forward to having your family be part of our program. We build on this approach with our own level specific teaching activities and nurturing instructors to help our students progress in ability.
We help kids grow in the following ways:
- Having confidence on the tennis courts.
- Learning and continuing to advance tennis skills and proper technique.
- Building friendships with other players and devoted, nurturing instructors.
- Enjoying a fun, safe, and pressure-free learning environment.
- Feeling accomplished through consistent and positive encouragement.
My son absolutely loved his time at tennis camp! He had fun and learned so much.Robin Gaffney