Registration is Temporarily Closed
Our Parent/Toddler Swim Class is designed for children (6 months to 3 years old) and their parents/grand-parents. This group class introduces both parents and toddlers to fun and safe swimming, enhancing your child’s natural affinity for water in a supportive and encouraging environment. Swim diaper and rubber/reusable diaper pant are required for all children not potty trained. A minimum of 1 and maximum of 2 parent(s)/grand-parent(s) will be in the water as a participant.
Our Summer Parent/Toddler Program sessions consist of 4 classes held Mondays and Wednesdays for 2 weeks at 5:30pm and are 25 minutes long.
- Teach parents how to safely work with their children in the water (entry/exit from water, holds, movement, body position).
- Teach parents techniques on how to help their child feel safe, comfortable, and happy in the water.
- Promote water confidence at an early age.
- Teach breath control: submerging and bobbing.
- Introduce basic movements around the water.
- Readiness to swim.
Tips for Parents
- Swim diaper and rubber/reusable diaper pant are required for all children not potty trained. Target and other similar stores sell them in the store or online (try Huggies little swimmers or Pampers Splashers disposables WITH Charlie Banana or other brand reusable rubber swim diapers over).
- Have towels and warm clothes readily available at the end of class.
- Although not necessary or required, if your child becomes cold easily we do recommend buying a Baby Wetsuit ($30 -$45). Our pool is heated, however children still may become cold during the class (especially on windy days).
- Note: Rash guards do NOT insulate well – they often make children colder.
- Swim caps are great! Swim caps keep children’s heads warmer and protect them from the wind. We have “fun” caps for purchase in our lobby, or you can search on your own. A good place to look is swimoutlet.com.
- Please no swimming prior to class start time. The beginning of each class is spent out of the water on deck where we provide an overview of class time to parents (about 5 minutes). We do not want children or parents to get chilled during this time.
- Please no eating or drinking 30 minutes prior to the start of class as this often results in an upset stomach (possible diarrhea and/or vomiting). If the you or your child has had active diarrhea within 14 days of the class, California Health code requires you to remain out of the water. If your child has had nausea within 2 hours prior to class, please choose to skip the class.
Here To Help
Email us at [email protected]