Tennis is a sport that can be played for a lifetime!Register Here!
Fall Program 2019
Sign Up NOW!
Fall Session 1: August 19 – October 10 (accepting sign ups through 8/11)
- No Classes on Labor Day (9/2)
Fall Session 2: October 14 – December 12 (accepting sign ups through 10/6)
- No Classes on Veterans Day (11/11) or during Thanksgiving Week (11/25-11/29)
Little Stars is offered 1-day/week on Wednesday.
Bright Stars and Future Stars are offered 3-days/week on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday. Register for 1-2-3 days depending on how much tennis works for your schedule.
Elite Stars is offered 2 days/week on Monday/Thursday.
The more days you register for, the greater the discount (discount given at checkout).
15% OFF - Sign Up Now!
Summer Camp (ages 5-12)
- Summer Camp Week 1: June 10-14
- Summer Camp Week 2: June 17-21
- Summer Camp Week 3: June 24-28 (closed)
- Summer Camp Week 4: July 1-5 *No Class on the 4th
- Summer Camp Week 5: July 8-12
- Summer Camp Week 6: July 15-19
- Summer Camp Week 7: July 22-26 (closed)
- Summer Camp Week 8: July 29-August 2
- Summer Camp Week 9: August 5-9
Summer Pee Wee (ages 3-5)
- Session 1 – June 11-20
- Session 2 – June 25-July 2 (no class 7/4)
- Session 3 – July 9-18
- Session 4 – July 23 – August 1
- Session 5 – August 6-8
General Information for Youth Tennis
- Peninsula Community Center’s (PCC) Youth Tennis Program is for kids ages 4-16 years old.
- Our Youth Tennis Program offers small class sizes with a 6:1 player to coach ratio in every class to provide a safe, nurturing, and fun environment.
- Our classes are designed to help kids just learning how to play tennis and kids who want to play tennis competitively.
- We have Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer seasons, with private lessons being offered year-round.
- While the levels and curriculum remain the same throughout the seasons, the structure varies (please see detailed descriptions of our different seasonal programs).
Little Stars (Ages 4-5)
This group is just starting tennis. The goal is to get them familiar with the tennis court, tennis equipment, basic strokes, and build a love of the game. Classes will focus on the ABC’S and the 1-2-3’s.
*ABC’s = Agility, Balance, Coordination, Strength
**1-2-3’s = Proper Ready Position, Turn & Racket Preparation, Follow Through Up on Back Toe & Buttcap
***5 Tactical Priorities = 1) Get the Ball In 2) Direction 3) Depth 4) Spin 5) Power
Bright Stars (Ages 5-7)
Red Ball: This group has a little bit of tennis experience and is starting to learn proper stroke production. We are also continuing to build a limitless foundation with the ABC’S and the 1-2-3’s. Classes will focus on building coordination and strength. In addition, students will start to learn how to rally during the class. Coaches will prepare students to move up to the Future Stars once they can rally well.
Future Stars (Ages 7-10)
Orange Ball: Once students know their 1-2-3’s and ABC’S and can rally students will be moved up to the Future Stars. In this class, students will focus on consistency and learning how to play points and keep score. Students will also learn basic technique on volleys and serves.
Elite Stars (Ages 9-16)
This class is designed for players that can play matches but aren’t tournament players. Coaches will continue to work on consistency adding in direction and depth skills. Students will also be introduced into basic strategy combinations as well as doubles play.
Curriculum and Philosophy
Our top priority this year is to create a culture that develops life skills through their tennis development. Each week there will be a theme like responsibility that will be studied, emphasized, and rewarded. It is important that our student athletes not only strive for excellence on the court but also in the game of life. We look forward to having your family be part of our program. We build on this approach with our own level specific teaching activities and nurturing instructors to help our students progress in ability.
We help kids grow in the following ways:
- Having confidence on the tennis courts.
- Learning and continuing to advance tennis skills and proper technique.
- Building friendships with other players and devoted, nurturing instructors.
- Enjoying a fun, safe, and pressure-free learning environment.
- Feeling accomplished through consistent and positive encouragement.
The class must meet the minimum attendance requirement one week before the start of the session or it may be cancelled. No Drop-in classes.
Refunds are given ONLY if a notice to withdraw from class is submitted 14 days in advance of session start date.
My son absolutely loved his time at tennis camp! He had fun and learned so much.Robin Gaffney